Terms & Conditions | Returns Policy
The Availability of our Supplied Goods.
- At Galvin Optometrists, all goods are subject to availability.
- At Galvin Optometrists we keep a limited quantity in stock however we often order directly from the supplier. Should they be out of stock indefinitely, or no longer available/discontinued we will contact you with the offer of choosing an alternative or a refund.
- We are not responsible for any damage or losses which you may suffer due to the failure to supply goods.
- All goods displayed on our website are done so as accurately as possible with images from the suppliers.
- Occasionally some frame models or colours of a certain model may be discontinued without
any prior notice to ourselves.
- We always endeavor to supply the frame ordered but unforeseen circumstances can arise, which are out of our control. Should this happen with your order we will contact you by email or phone to arrange an alternative colour or model, or if no solution can be reached a refund will be given.
- Please allow 7-14 working days for all designer glasses and sunglasses but in the rare instances it may take longer for any of the above reasons please allow up to 30 days.
- Should any customer wish to try frames first before purchasing this can be arranged by calling us on (+353) 0667143584 and we will endeavor to facilitate.
- The prices displayed on Galvin Optometrists website are correct at the time of input.
- We reserve the right to change prices without notice.
- When we have accepted an order, we will not change the price that applies to that order subject to unseen server issues and database price variations which are beyond our control at the time of ordering.
- We make every effort to maintain correct pricing, but these may be subject to variations
caused by unforeseen factors beyond our control.
Payment Information, Processing and Security
- On galvinoptometrists.com, we accept Visa, Debit, Mastercard.
- Payments can also be made over the phone by card by calling 0667143584
- Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card holder’s issuer.
- We will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise payment.
- Transmission of your debit or credit card number and other details in relation to payment are through a secure server and will never be stored by us. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
- Any card payments by phone will be entered directly into the terminal at the time of call and card details will not be stored by us in any manner.
Dispatch of Goods
- We will endeavor to deliver the goods to the address which you have supplied us at the time of ordering via our website or by telephone within 14 days.
- Should this be longer we will notify you by email or phone and give you an estimated delivery date or other options.
- We will endeavor to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by us, but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because of the late delivery of goods or goods delivered to any alternative address other than the address specified from your initial order.
- Any increase in costs for sending items to alternative delivery addresses are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Any incorrect or incomplete addresses sent to us which are returned to us for any reason will incur a re-distribution charge set at our standard postal and packaging rates. We use Fastway Couriers and An Post for the delivery of our items, and occasionally there are delays in the postal system.
- The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address specified in your order instructions.
- All goods will require a signature at the recipient’s specified address on delivery.
Returns of Glasses, Sunglasses and Prescription Glasses
- If you are not satisfied with your goods, you should notify us by email, letter, or phone as soon as you receive them and within 7 days.
- We will ask you to pack them securely and return them to us, at your cost and risk, in their original condition including all relevant security tags, cloths, bags, cases, guarantee cards and any enclosed literature within seven working days starting the day the goods have been received, together with your original receipt and original packing and we will refund your paid amount.
- Return postage costs will not be refunded.
- Please Note: please contact our returns department by email email@example.com or contact us by phone on (+353) 0667143584 with a complete description of your problem.
- You should send your Proof of Return to us by separate mail.
- Any damage or discrepancy with the goods supplied must be notified to us in writing and if necessary digital photographic evidence should be sent to us immediately and within 24 hours upon receipt of the goods. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- We endeavor to respond to any complaints made with 7 working days.
- Galvin Optometrists individually checks goods to confirm that they are in first-class condition and dispatches them by our chosen method of delivery.
- For orders returned to us where the frames or sunglasses are not suitable which do not have any tailor made extras such as prescription lenses, the refund value will be the original amount paid. The delivery fee is non-refundable.
Cancellation of Purchase
We reserve the right to cancel your purchase from us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
- If we cancel your purchase, we will notify you by email and will refund you within 30 days of the original order date. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered, or any indirect or consequential loss, damage, or expenses (including loss of profits, business, or goodwill).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to you by law in respect of goods supplied.
- Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their manufacturers direct to you.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to any goods caused by you.
- All warranties will be honored in accordance with each individual manufacturers policy.
- We will not be liable to any person for damage or loss arising from the use of goods
advertised on our website.
- Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the information contained in this site is provided without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
- We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our ecommerce engine, our website, servers, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
- All telephone, and email orders are subject to the standard terms and conditions available on the galvinoptometrists.com website.
- The delivery option selected online or by telephone of goods purchased through galvinoptometrists.com are the sole responsibility of the customer. All delivery options are given verbally (for telephone ordering).
- galvinoptometrists.com cannot accept any liability for lost items through the postal system and hence registered post is used to deliver all orders.
Delivery & Collection
- We are delighted at Galvin Optometrsits to offer you the ability to shop online and choose either delivery or to collect in store.
- Galvin Optometrists Delivery Details:
- FREE delivery on all orders over €300
- €9 charge on all orders under €300
- FREE in store click & collect
Delivery Fees & Timescales
Destination Timescale Fee:
- Republic of Ireland orders over €300 2 – 5 working days FREE
- Republic of Ireland orders under €300 2 – 5 working days €9
- Orders usually take between 2-5 working days to be delivered, with the exception of Bank Holidays, Black Friday weekend and during sale times where orders can take between 5 – 7 working days.
- Orders are delivered by An Post through registered Post, and Fastway Couriers. Please be aware that external factors beyond our control (such as strikes, adverse weather conditions, etc.) may delay your order.
Click & Collect
- This is a convenient and complimentary service which enables you to place an order online and collect in store at Galvin Optometrists with no additional charge. Full payment is taken when your order is placed.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for collection, you will be notified by email when your order is ready for collection.
- If for any reason you are unable to collect your order when it is ready please contact us on (+353) 0667143584 to make an alternative arrangement
- Please note: Orders placed Tuesday – Friday will be available to collect instore between 48 – 36 hours. Orders placed Saturday – Monday can take up to 48 – 72 hours.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to you, your affiliates, partners, companies or of any relationship to you.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish Law.
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions you (the customer) are entering into a legally binding contract with us galvinoptometrists.com. The contract will only be formed between us and the customer when the goods are dispatched. All telephone, postal or email orders are subject to our terms and conditions and you will be asked to refer to these when making your order this way.
- By agreeing with us by any of the above ordering means you are entering a legally binding contract with us with the above terms and conditions to which you (the customer) agree with.
As part of fulfilment of Contracts, we collect your Data and in doing so we confirm that we comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, 1988 and the Data Protection Regulations made thereunder, amended and General Data Protection Regulations ( GDPR ) . We will collect, process or
use master data without your consent only to the extent required for the processing of any
contractual relationship in this regard.
However, for the avoidance of any doubt, we will not use your data for any advertising, market
research or market opinions or surveys without your express consent. In all other respects,
customers are fully entitled to retrieve their Data or amend it under our care for your as a customer, subject to you notifying us of such amendments thereto.